Thursday, November 02, 2006

The GlaSs

Today I sat on the usual 6th floor corner with my share of sky with my share of life and life's fragrance and life’s eyes.

Outside the window some dark hued conifers were growing with nascent fresh light colored leaves at the tip. And I was wondering seeing them through almost impeccable glass, why I can’t see the glass. The solid material glass was there yet it was not there. I was wondering why it was not coming in my way. Why It was obliterating its own being as If denying its own existence and allowing me to see outside. It was not being an obstacle in my joys of life. Why was that glass sacrificing it self for me? Is that glass not aware of its own being or its claim to be naturally in my way?

And I was “trying” to see the glass. The invisible glass. I felt bad for a while knowingly denying its existence and looking beyond it. But I am only a human being, if something doesn’t claims its share of me at some time I am bound to forget to give myself to it too.

It’s only a thought. May be not only!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And I was “trying” to see the glass. The invisible glass. I felt bad for a while knowingly denying its existence and looking beyond it. But I am only a human being, if something doesn’t claims its share of me at some time I am bound to forget to give myself to it too."
--------------

I would say that if you are at risk of forgetting to give to something, then it really is of no value to you. Because any kind of real giving is so sincere, that it can no longer be called giving. On the other hand it tends to be synonymous with receiving. So how you define something valuable is what to ponder on.

Is something valuable only when it is of some use to you, when it gives you something? Valuable in and of itself? What was that you were saying about something Kant said...das...sich...?

The glass is clear in nature. It is characteristic of it to allow others to see through it. Now how the one sees the glass itself is entirely and fully independent of the glass. It is nothing but the musings of the one looking.

rainhues

GS said...

hi
rainhues,

I know what you are hinting at....that’s what I was worried about but only for few moments…..as long as I was musing on it. But thinking about the glass as an object in itself detached from the onlooker and not considering it as a part of my environment was itself an act of heresy on my part and that’s why I cried over my helplessness…. even though I felt deeply that it’s transitory in nature.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the job of the glass was to let you see through and let you enjoy the outside world.

The very fact you writing about it, means you are aware of it. It must have just slipped in to the back of your mind.

You obviously know glass exist, when the rain drops ripple or when you standing near the glass observing the clouds floating cluelessly wherever the wind takes them, when you see the light from the inside room reflects on it.

But I am only a human being

According to me, each and every human being has sixth sense.

Anonymous said...

I read this post two days back, it kept haunting me. It just kept coming back in my mind.

If our soul is seperate from our body, to enjoy the outside world our body should be like the glass. Let the outside light and beauty enter our souls.